Senior Mobile Software Engineer
August 26th 2018
NeoTreks Inc., a rapidly growing Colorado software company, is seeking a senior mobile software engineer to join its team in Castle Rock, CO. NeoTreks specializes in developing mobile software for geospatial applications for Apple and Android devices as well as developing mobile enterprise applications for our clients.
We are seeking candidates with experience in developing innovative applications for iOS and Android. This position will be responsible for developing mobile applications with little technical oversight and must have experience in the development tools for iOS and Android, as well as in databases and web development. Must be highly motivated and possess a desire to break away from the corporate work environment and embrace a small, yet rapidly growing company atmosphere.
General Duties & Responsibilities
- Consult or negotiate with clients to prepare project specifications;
- Work with clients on the full application development cycle, to brainstorm and design new applications, compile requirements, create specifications documents and then create an application based on those requirements;
- Advise customer about or perform maintenance of software system;
- Modify existing software to correct errors or to integrate to new systems, maintain existing code, upgrade interfaces and improve performance;
- Review and repair legacy code;
- Analyze user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints;
- Design software interfaces;
- Supervise and assign work to programmers, designers, technologists, technicians, or other engineering or scientific personnel;
- Direct software programming and development of documentation;
- Prepare reports or correspondence concerning project specifications, activities, or status;
- Analyze information to determine, recommend, and plan installation of a new system or modification of an existing system;
- Manage projects reporting to the Director of Project Management;
- Less than 20% travel time through clients sites for support.
Qualifications - Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to use development IDEs (Xcode and Android Studio) to develop mobile applications based on wireframes and storyboards from customer input;
- Experience with mobile applications development in Swift or Objective-C for iOS (iPhone and iPad);
- Ability to develop mobile applications in Java or Kotlin for Android;
- Solid knowledge of web services development and usage;
- Experience in designing database and queries in SQL language for relational database management systems (Oracle and SQL Server);
- Ability to develop web systems with Angular and TypeScript;
- Ability to use Agile software development methodology;
- Solid knowledge of computer science principles including object-oriented programming, design patterns, data structures, and algorithms;
- Knowledge of code and file versioning software (Git);
- Ability to solve problems quickly and completely;
- Self-motivated, hardworking and passionate about technologies that create unique experiences for customers.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field (or foreign equivalent);
- Minimum of 5 years of software development experience with an emphasis on mobile applications.
Job Type: Full-time
Travel Requirements: Less than 20% travel time
Neotreks is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Medical/Dental: HRA (Health Reimbursement Account) program;
- Retirement: 401K program with optional employer matching.
To apply for this position please contact email@example.com. Or send your resume by mail to 15270 Bovary Ct., Colorado Springs, CO 80921.